Work Visas for Australia

To really simulate being part of local culture, trekkers to Oz realize many times that the best things in life are not free. In spite of, backpackers are not done for. The most cash-strapped might have found the Land Down Under benevolent enough to hand out the standard working visa. This is part of the Australian government’s Working Holiday Program. 

For the qualified backpacker, the visa is known to allow getting employment during the trekker’s temporary stay in the continent. It is important that trekkers who aspire to work subscribe to this arrangement rather than a visitor visa, which does not allow work. Initial student visas do not permit work either.

Working Holiday Maker visa

For backpackers between 18 and 30 yearning for Australia, a Working Holiday Visa can be obtained. This visa ultimately allows him or her temporary residence not exceeding 12 months while working in temporary assignments. However, this visa is only given once.

Through this, travelers are provides opportunities to supplement their travel funds through incidental employment. Holders of this visa are also permitted to study or train for up to 3 months.

This is consequent of the country’s reciprocal Working Holiday Maker arrangements in effect with the United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands, Japan, Republic of Ireland, Republic of Korea, Malta, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People's Republic of China, Finland, the Republic of Cyprus, France, and Italy, Belgium, Estonia and Taiwan. So far, only backpackers from these countries are entitled to this kind of visa.

Once approved, the backpacker is then allowed incidental employment for only three months with any one employer. He or she must not have any dependent children. Assignments notwithstanding, the backpacker also has to provide evidence that he or she has sufficient funds for a return fare.

Work and Holiday visa

or trekkers hailing from Iran, Thailand, or Chile, the Work and Holiday visa allows for pretty much the same arrangement, allowing an extended holiday of up to 12 months in Australia. This is available for tertiary educated people aged 18 to 30 who think of supplementing their travel funds through temporary work assignments. Countries under this visa have an annual limit of 100 Work and Holiday visas per year.